Thursday, November 04, 2004
[E][P] Yes, 'Daily Mirror', sadly, ...
... 59 million people really can be so dumb! (Go here, look for Nov 4 2004 at the bottom if it fell off the page.) It's not so simple, of course, and it did help that Karl Rove is clearly a genius, but still....
So, it is over now, and no post can change anything (as if anybody reads this), but I will nevertheless post the list of Dubya's accomplishments that I got (via multiple forwards) from one of Democrats' "flying lawyers". Some on the items are slightly tongue-in-cheek, some might not even be completely true, and some, most frighteningly, will be considered real accomplishments by those 59 million. But at least they won't be able to say in four years that somebody else screwed them...
Anyway, here it goes:
- I attacked and took over 2 countries.
- I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.
- I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).
- I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in a 12 month period.
- I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
- I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
- In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president. (Tough to beat dad's, but I did).
- After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.
- I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.
- In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.
- I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.
- I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.
- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
- I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president, since the advent of TV.
- I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other US president in history.
- I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
- I cut health care benefits for war veterans.
- I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
- I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
- I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.
- Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleezza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.)
- I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.
- I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.
- I am the first president in US history to order a US attack AND military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.
- I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security"(only one letter away from BS).
- I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history (Ronnie was tough to beat,but I did it!!).
- I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.
- I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.
- I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
- I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World Court of Law.
- I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
- I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.
- I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
- The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
- I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
- I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
- I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
- I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
- I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
- I set the all-time record for the number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for gov't contracts.
- I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
- I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
- RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
- I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
- I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war.
- I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
- All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
- All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
- All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
- Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.